The Events and Sponsorship committee is responsible for the planning and execution of the full schedule of Hive’s professional development programming and coordinating the partnerships that support it. This includes networking events, workshops, panels, and our flagship event; one of the largest conferences for emerging leaders and young professionals in the Golden Horseshoe area.
Committee Duties and Responsibilities:
– Event logistics including venue, catering, production, etc.
– Creating and evaluating a request for proposal for event speakers/presenters
– Soliciting professional speakers and workshop facilitators
– Procuring sponsors and building community relationships that support the event schedule
– Coordinating with Marketing and Communications Committee as required
– Attend bi-weekly meetings from February-November
– Communicate with team to complete tasks (e-mail, text, etc.)
– Carrying out tasks as assigned
– Taking at least one group selfie!
The committee runs from February to November. No event planning experience required, just enthusiasm and passion for empowering emerging leaders in the City of Hamilton!
When you subscribe, you’ll get our email, What's the Buzz. It'll keep you up to date about events, initiatives, volunteer and networking opportunities in Hamilton.