The HIVEX Conference committee is responsible for the planning and execution of one of the largest conferences for emerging leaders and young professionals in the Golden Horseshoe area. The annual full day event allows attendees to participate in professional development workshops, listen to engaging keynotes from experts in various industries, and network with like-minded students and professionals from Hamilton and the surrounding area.
Committee Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conference logistics including venue, catering, production, etc.
– Creating and evaluating a request for proposal for conference speakers/presenters
– Marketing and promotion strategy for the conference
– Procuring sponsors and building community relationships
– Coordinating with Public Relations and Sponsorship & Stewardship HIVE Committees as required
– Attend bi-weekly meetings from February-November
– Communicate with team to complete tasks (e-mail, text, etc.)
– Carrying out tasks as assigned
– Taking at least one group selfie!
A Hamiltonian for the past seven years, Victoria has just fallen in love with this city and all that it has to offer. She is excited to bring her experience in project management to hosting another great event for young professionals in Hamilton.
A Hamilton native, Sarah completed both her Honours Bachelor of Science Kinesiology and her MBA at McMaster University. Sarah was a member of the HIVEX 2016 committee and is excited to build on the success of last year’s event as co-chair of the HIVEX 2017 committee.
The committee runs from February to November. No event planning experience required, just enthusiasm and passion for empowering emerging leaders in the City of Hamilton!